20060521 snapshot, Ctrl-C, and Windows processes

Shankar Unni shankarunni@netscape.net
Mon May 22 21:29:00 GMT 2006

Igor Peshansky wrote:

> Noticed a problem today: if you start a Windows process in bash and press
> Ctrl-C, the Ctrl-C will be delivered to the process, but then bash (or the
> Cygwin wrapper that waits for the Windows process) will simply hang until
> the Windows process terminates.  If the process does not terminate (e.g.,
> "ping -t"), bash will hang until Ctrl-C is pressed 10 times (the delays
> between the consecutive Ctrl-Cs don't seem to matter).

CGF seems to have fixed this in the 20060522 snapshot. Yay. I thought I
was imagining things.

It only affected Win32 programs (i.e. -mno-cygwin) that did *not*
install a SIGINT handler.