1.15.19 dlopen() dies with no dlerror()

Jim Kleckner jek_subs1@kleckner.net
Tue May 23 06:44:00 GMT 2006

Michael McKerns wrote:
> Yes, yes...  I've not given you enough information...
>
> $ uname -a
> CYGWIN_NT-5.1 turro 1.5.19<0.150/4/2) 2006-01-20 13:38 i686 Cygwin
>
> Also the file I attached needs to inspect a .dll that is built
> with the procedure that I described in the first part of the
> message.  So when you got "No such file or directory", it is because
> dlopen.c is looking for the .dll that is hardwired into the code.
> You'd need to replace it with a .dll that you built with the
> aforementioned syntax.
>
> I'm using the standard cygwin syntax for building dll's, but
> I'm useing the raw code that's inside dlltool.
>
> See:
> http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/dll.html
> http://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.programming.dll-relocatable

I'm seeing a similar problem with python and 1.5.19 and also tried the
snapshot of 22-May.

CYGWIN_NT-5.1 kleckner2 1.5.20s(0.155/4/2) 20060522 00:51:23 i686 Cygwin

A simple test case doesn't fail in dlopen().

My code is not simple but has been working prior to the most recent
update (which also updated python and other packages).
A downrev of python does not make the problem go away.  If I downrev
cygwin, I get complaints about missing entry points.

What do you recommend as the best way to isolate this?

Tx.