export arrays from cygwin ksh

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Tue May 23 15:39:00 GMT 2006

bob wrote:
> I have an hp unix script that runs in ksh and am porting it to PC.  It uses and
> exports arrays in hp unix.  Does not seem to work in cygwin.  Can anybody offer
> suggestions to accomodate?  I tried to put an example below, but I was labeled
> a top poster and it would not let me do it.

Eh? I've never had a message bounce (is there actually something that
tries to bounce http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU? ...must not work very
well.)

Did you try submitting your example as an attachment?

Back to the question: by "exports arrays" you mean it needs to export an
array so that it is inherited by sub-shells? Also, what shell are you
using on Cygwin?

It does seem like this doesn't work - at least, not how I would expect
it to - on bash (either on Cygwin or on Linux). Maybe you should try ksh
on Cygwin.

--
Matthew
Interix, Sphinterix. Cygwin apps don't crash. :-)