slow share = slow scripts?

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Thu May 25 16:13:00 GMT 2006

Igor Peshansky wrote:
> On Thu, 25 May 2006, mwoehlke wrote:
>
>> Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>>> They are indeed mutually exclusive.  See 'man mount' for an explanation of
>>> the
>>> flags.  You might want to try -x or -X.
>> Right, I *was* looking at the man, which is why I was confused. It
>> doesn't say why this would help, though; does it somehow allow Cygwin to
>> skip the fstat() call? Also, why *is* fstat() so inefficient? Can
>> anything be done about it?
>>
>> I *am* going to play with them, if I can convince Cygwin to let me
>> *un*mount the path. :-)
>
> Just a WAG, but do take a look at the -u and -s flags to mount/umount.
> Otherwise, please let us know what exact error message you're getting from
> umount.

Nope, wasn't umount'ing.. sorry, my bad. :-)

I was misremembering that Cygwin doesn't have or need a 'umount'.
Must've been thinking about something else. At any rate, I know I have
sometimes been able to re-mount drives without first unmounting them.

--
Matthew
...Ruthlessly beating Windows with a hammer until it looks like POSIX.