Possible to use pinvoke to call DLL built with cygwin

Sammy Yu temijun@gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 17:45:00 GMT 2006

Hi guys,
    I'm trying to port an application onto Windows that was originally
developed for UNIX using rpc, pthreads, and AF_UNIX sockets.  I have
used cygwin to compile this application successfully.  One of the
components built is a DLL which I want to invoke from a C Sharp
application.  However, the application crashes whenever I call this
DLL via pinvoke in C Sharp.

************** Exception Text **************
 System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'perm.dll': Invalid
 access to memory location. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703E6)
    at WinPcapRedirectorUI.Perm.meme ()
    at WinPcapRedirectorUI.MainForm.statisticsButton_Click(Object
 sender, EventArgs e) in
 C:\eclipse\workspace\winperm\WinPcapRedirectorUI\MainForm.cs:line 74
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick (EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons
 button, Int32 clicks)

I verified that the cygwin*.dll are in the path.   I made a strip down
version of a dll, it exhibited the same behavior.  Next, I compiled
the
 library with -mno-cygwin flag which surprisingly worked.  I suspect
that cygwin1.dll does not work with pinvoke.  Can anybody confirm this
is true?  I prefer not to have to port the native application to
Visual C or mingw32 as there are a lot of rpc and AF_UNIX sockets.
Are there any other alternatives?  Thanks in advance for your help!
 Regards,
 Sammy Yu