ld: cannot perform PE operations on non PE output file 'bootsect'.

Salvatore D'Angelo koala.gnu@tiscali.it
Tue Nov 14 00:29:00 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I have a problem compiling the bootsect.S file above using the Makefile.
Basically the project create a boot sector on floppy that print "Hello
World" at compuer boot.
On Linux it works fine but in cygwin I go the following link problem:

*ld: cannot perform PE operations on non PE output file 'bootsect'.

*In the cygwin mail archive I saw question like this without response
please can someone suggest me what is wrong in my Makefile and what I
have to change?
To build the project do the following steps:

1. download the two file in a directory <dir>
2. in cygwin move to this directory
3. type make

In linux the final file bootsect should have a size of 512 bytes. Using
the command

make disk

you can copy it on a floppy making it bootable.

PS
I am not subscribed to this mail list so, please, put my address in cc
Thanks in advance for your help.