CVS patch for cygwin

Shankar Unni shankarunni@netscape.net
Tue Nov 28 23:04:00 GMT 2006

Dave Korn wrote:

>   Last time I checked, which was admittedly some years ago now, wincvs was
> just a gui wrapper that shelled out to a commandline cvs client to do the
> actual work for it.  So isn't the real problem that you're using the wrong cvs
> client software with wincvs, i.e. you're using a cvsnt client instead of the
> cygwin cvs client?

[OT]

WinCVS uses the "CVSNT" (fork of cvs) package, because it depends on
some gui-integration feature of CVSNT for its functionality. I've tried
to make it use the Cygwin cvs, but it no work so good with that.

CVSNT = CVS 1.11.something + NT-specific changes + refactoring of
authentication mechanisms into separate loadable libraries + some random
enhancements (like the -gui switch to output additional info to
integrate to GUIs..)

[/OT]