updated bash to latest 3.1.17(8)-release; startup has errors now

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Mon Oct 2 22:44:00 GMT 2006

DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
> As I often do after an absence, I ran setup.exe on my system and
> updated my cygwin installation.
>
> After doing this, I get some wacky errors when I try to run a bash
> shell (double-clicking the cygwin icon).

I don't know why I'm wasting my breath; no one that needs to read this
is going to do so, but...

Any time you upgrade a package and something that was working, stops
working... *RTFRNBG*! In Cygwin's case, this means the ANNOUNCEMENT that
went to cygwin-announce. And the SECOND thing you should do is STFLA for
similar problems. In this case, looking for 'bash' in the last week of
activity would have answered your question, or at least pointed you at a
thread where you could contribute without looking like an idiot who
doesn't know how to RTFRA or STFLA.

(1: Read The (YKWGH) Release Notes Before Griping, also RTFRNBC
(RTFRNBComplaining), RTFRN, and for Cygwin, RTFRA where A = ANNOUNCEMENT)
(2: You Know What Goes Here)
(3: Search The (YKWGH) List Archives)

--
Matthew
If this message is intercepted, the sender will disavow all knowledge of