Cygwin server/cvs passwd problem

Erik Nijkamp erik.nijkamp@gmx.de
Thu Oct 5 00:03:00 GMT 2006

Hello,

Currently I’m trying to use the newest cygwin version as ssh server for windows xp sp2,

which is working quite smoothly. But actually I need to create a cvs alias for an existing nt user.

Works out of the box in windows/prompt itself, but whenever I try exactly the same within

the cygwin or putty bash it hangs on the second password verification:

[NT]

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cvs -d :pserver:nijkamp:secret@local

host:/testrepo passwd -a -r nijkamp afoobar3

Adding user afoobar3@localhost

New Password:

Verify Password:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>

[Putty/Cygwin]

nijkamp@9956VTM ~

$ cvs -d :pserver:nijkamp:secret@localhost:/testrepo passwd -a -r nijkamp foobar2

Adding user afoobar2@localhost

New Password: secret

This is a must for my current project and I would be glad if somebody could help me.

Best regards

 Erik Nijkamp