XmGrace does not work

Jonathan D. Arnold / Daemon Dancing jdarnold@buddydog.org
Thu Oct 5 12:24:00 GMT 2006

Roberto Veiga wrote:
> Dear all:
>
> I've installed Cygwin in my laptop running Windows XP, and a program
> that I really need a lot (XmGrace) does not work. When I type the
> command "xmgrace" and press Enter, nothing happens. I've seen that
> this problem is related to the current version of xorg. Ok, I
> reinstalled a previous version of xorg, ran rebaseall and XmGrace
> still does not work. I uninstalled and so reinstalled Cygwin, with the
> previous version of xorg selected, and XmGrace, unfortunately, insists
> not to work. Any idea?

It's unclear on what you have had happen in the past - did it used to
work? If it is a Cygwin/X problem / application, you should probably
post to that list, but one man's guess is that you haven't started
the X server, as that doesn't happen automagically.

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
Daemon Dancing in the Dark, a FreeBSD weblog:

UNIX is user-friendly. It's just a bit picky about who its friends are.