ssh server: authentification problem

Thorsten Kampe thorsten@thorstenkampe.de
Thu Oct 5 17:04:00 GMT 2006

* carole gimenez (Thu, 05 Oct 2006 10:00:33 +0200)

C arole G imenez?

> We installed cygwin 1.5.21-1 with openssh-4.3p2-3 on a windows 2003
> server. Then we installed winscp on another windows 2003 server to make
> tests.
>
> We created users on Active Directory.
>
> We followed installation instructions of this site:
> http://www.commentcamarche.net/faq/sujet-2132-reseaux-installation-d-un-serveur-ssh-sous-windows

You shouldn't have done that. All you need is in
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README

> We choosed password authentication.
>
> When we try to log on ssh server with any user, we obtain this message:
> "access denied". Otherwise, if this user belongs to the
> "Administrateurs" group, it works fine. Why?

If you followed the "french" instructions you have only local users in
/etc/passwd (same with /etc/group). Therefor you shouldn't be able to
log in with any domain account.

Thorsten