When ssh'd in, cannot run MS compiler /Zi debug option.

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Tue Oct 10 21:30:00 GMT 2006

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> Mark Charney <mark_charney <at> ieee.org> writes:
>> I suspect I'm missing some "rights".  This is an issue for me
>> on multiple machines running  Windows Server 2003 x64 or for
>> 32b WinXP.
>>
>> When I try to compile using the debug-option (/Zi) to the
>> Microsoft Visual Studio Pro 2005 compiler:
>>     cl /Zi hello.cpp
>> it only works from within cygwin if I am on the console or
>> remote desktop. If I ssh-in to the same machine, it fails with
>> a error message:
>>
>>      Fatal Error C1902: Program database manager mismatch; please
>>      check your installation.
>>
> <snip>
>
> Just to be mentioned (did not find it on this list yet):
> There is a hotfix available from MS now (did not test myself yet):
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920770

Oh, they FINALLY dropped their "you have to give us a credit card before
we'll tell you that we know about this issue" stance? Oh, wait, I see
they didn't. Well, if you happen to either have this hotfix yourself or
know where one can obtain it WITHOUT having to give Microsoft a credit
card number, please let us know, and thanks anyway for the update.

--
Matthew
KDE: Desktop Excellence