cygwin 1.5.21-2: ssh-add unable to connect to ssh-agent with McAfee installed

Tim Beuman timb@cdvinc.com
Wed Oct 11 16:40:00 GMT 2006

Matthew,

There is a line "Content-Disposition: inline" which causes the
attachments to be shown inline. Could be the file-type that causes
Thunderbird to add this line to the section header. I will check if I
can convince Thunderbird to not include this line when sending .txt files.

Jason,

I tried rebaseall as suggested already but that didn't help. ssh and
sshd run fine, as does sftp for that matter. Just ssh-agent seems to be
affected when McAfee is installed.

I will try to modify ssh-agent source code so it doesn't fork (i.e., one
of the effects of -d) but without all the debug statements and then try
to run it in the background of the shell. Temporary solution but it
might work for me for the short term.

Thanks for your suggestions,
Tim