cygwin 1.5.21-2: ssh-add unable to connect to ssh-agent with McAfee installed

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Wed Oct 11 18:00:00 GMT 2006

Tim Beuman wrote:
> Matthew,
>
> There is a line "Content-Disposition: inline" which causes the
> attachments to be shown inline. Could be the file-type that causes
> Thunderbird to add this line to the section header. I will check if I
> can convince Thunderbird to not include this line when sending .txt files.

Hmm, yup, I bet that's it. See (1) for another example (note: I am also
using Thunderbird). So, perhaps the question is why Jason complained in
the first place, since this seems to be archive policy (and no one has
complained at *me* for doing the same thing). Probably just overlooking
"that's how the archiver works". :-)

If you want to turn off "Content-Disposition: inline", that should be
fine, but my impression is that some people prefer that to having to
open attachments. :-) Maybe it would just be better if the archiver did
like Thunderbird does and add an '<hr>' or something to delineate
attachments from actual inline content (and I wonder, do these things
then show up when you search the archives?).

Would be nice if one of the big names would make an intelligible (2)
comment on this.

(1) http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-09/msg00177.html
(2) http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-10/msg00410.html <-- not
intelligible ;-)

--
Matthew
Will your shell have salvation? Only if it's Bourne Again.