cywin shared dll

Tom Lee tom_lee01@hotmail.com
Sat Oct 14 02:56:00 GMT 2006

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your help.

>That's the problem.  You should only ever have a single version of
>cygwin1.dll installed anywhere on your system.  Delete the old copy, and
>just put the new one on the path.

If I want to distribute one command for the end user to use and don't want
to have
a full installation. Also, I don't know if the user has the cygwin
pre-installed or not.

> > is there a way I can set up an environment variable using mount or PATH
> > setting
> > that will make cygwin grep.exe to search
> > c:\mycygwin first  before searching x:\cygwin\bin?
>
>Yes, you can adjust the PATH environment variable from the control panel,
>but the bigger question you should be asking yourself is why not just have
>a single installation of cygwin (your choice of c:\mycygwin or
>x:\cygwin\bin) and not have to worry about which of the multiple copies
>will be used.

Are you sure PATH works?
In the PATH c:\mycgwin is ahead of system path and x:\cygwin\bin is even not
in the path.
It still failed with the same error.

Tom