Mutt and UTF-8

John Smith jds10@cam.ac.uk
Sun Oct 15 19:19:00 GMT 2006

I find I have a problem with mutt. The program does not recognise that
the emails I send are encoded as UTF-8, and instead labels them as
"unknown-8bit", with the result that they don't display properly on
the receiving system. I presume this problem is something to do with
the lack of locale in Cygwin.

I've trawled through the mailing list archives, and have googled for
everything I can think of that might be relevant, but though it looks
as if other people have experienced similar problems, I haven't come
across any actual solution. I presume there must be one. Can anyone
point me in the right direction?

John Smith

--
Dr J. D. Smith               *  jds10@cam.ac.uk