vim mlcscope interface issues

Dave & Diane daveanddiane@kringlecottage.com
Sun Oct 15 22:03:00 GMT 2006

Hi Frodak,

Interesting find. Looks like I'll have to work with the vim folks to see
if they will add support for mlcscope. It is a completely different
version than cscope, but the interface is generically the same so I
don't think it would be too difficult to add support in vim and fix
if_cscope.c to support both.

In the meantime, if you don't have sourceforge cscope installed, you
might try creating a symbol link called cscope and see if that works too.

Cheers
Dave
Frodak wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Over the last several days I've been trying to use vim
>with mlcscope and have come to the conclusion that the
>two won't place nice.  Whenever performing a ":cs find
>..." vim would hang until I killed the mlcscope
>process.  I couldn't find anything on-line about
>compatibly issues between the two.  I downloaded
>sourceforge cscope and had no issues with it working
>with vim.
>
>I've decided to look at the vim source file
>if_cscope.c line 633 and changed it to key off of the
>string "mlcscope" instead of "cscope" it started to
>work.
>
>Anyways, I thought I'd mention it because I had such a
>tough time with it.
>
>:-)
>Frodak

Diane & Dave
http://www.velvetstarbears.com/  http://www.kringlecottage.com/
Fortune: The difference between America and England is that the
English think 100 miles is a long distance and the Americans
think 100 years is a long time.