Can not start UltraEdit using cygwin path

lin q linq936@hotmail.com
Mon Oct 16 01:49:00 GMT 2006

>From: Brian Dessent <brian@dessent.net>
>To: cygwin@cygwin.com
>Subject: Re: Can not start UltraEdit using cygwin path
>Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 17:34:15 -0700
>
>lin q wrote:
>
> >   If I run it with cygwin path like this,
> >
> > uedit /cygdrive/c/tmp/log
> >
> >   UltraEdit says the path is wrong.
>
>UltraEdit is not a Cygwin application.  How on earth do you expect it to
>understand something beginning in /cygdrive?  Look into cygpath.
I know cygpath, but it is easier to just type in DOS path than to use
cygpath each time.

> >   Interesting enough, I have similar function for gvim,
> >
> > vi ()
> > {
> >     gvim $@ &
> > }
>
>gvim is a Cygwin application.
I download gvim myself from vim web site and installed it, it is not the one
in cygwin package. This is the reason I think the application does not have
to be from cygwin package.