Bash fails to run .bat file with spaces in pathname and argument

Johnathon Jamison jjamison@cs.berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 18 01:29:00 GMT 2006

I think that you are right in saying this is not a cygwin bug.  Upon
further investigation, it seems it is a cmd misfeature.  Would a patch
to oddly quote things that spawn_guts "knew" would be passed off to cmd
be accepted, given that it would not be a fix, but a kludgy workaround?
  Or would it be rejected on the grounds that it would possibly
introduce instability and future traps?

Johnathon