watch.exe hangs when started from cmd.exe

Marko Bozikovic bozho@kset.org
Fri Oct 20 10:33:00 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I have a strange problem... watch.exe hangs when I start it from cmd.exe, but
works fine when started from bash.

When I start watch from cmd.exe (e.g. 'watch ls'), I see two instances of
watch.exe and one instance of sh.exe. sh.exe takes 100% CPU.

Command line for sh.exe looks ok: C:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe -c ls.

Starting sh.exe on its own from cmd.exe works ok.

Running 'C:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe -c ls' from cmd.exe works ok.

cygwin's watch.exe is the only watch.exe I have on the system.

Thank you,
--
Marko
ICQ: 5990814

I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol
that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get.