AR error

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Fri Oct 20 18:05:00 GMT 2006

On 20 October 2006 18:57, Dave Korn wrote:

> On 20 October 2006 18:19, David L. Morgan wrote:

>> ar -ar -o /cygdrive/c/tree/dbc/lib/libendian.a  endian.o

> ar -cr -o /cygdrive/c/tree/dbc/lib/libendian.a  endian.o
>
> works for me.  '-a' is a modifier, not a keyletter.

  But that's not the problem.  The problem is that you omitted the RELPOS
argument to '-a'.  The commandline argument parsing probably got confused and
thought that libendian.a was the argument to '-a', and then thought that
endian.o was the archive name argument but of course it didn't look anything
like a .a file when it tried to read it in...

    cheers,
      DaveK