Does exit code 53 mean missing DLLs?

Steve Robbins smr@sumost.ca
Thu Oct 26 21:14:00 GMT 2006

Hello,

I have built a complicated piece of code that depends on several 3rd
party libs.  When I run it, however, it exits prematurely with no
output to stdout nor stderr, no corefile, nothing.  But the exit
status is always 53.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is telling me something ;-)

I realized later that I have linked against some DLLs that aren't in a
standard place.  I expected to get some kind of "cannot find DLL"
error at startup, but perhaps "error 53" is the way windows tells me
this?

Thanks,
-Steve

P.S.  What's the equivalent of linux's "ldd" for cygwin?