Cygintl-3.dll was not found

Mike Marchywka marchywka@hotmail.com
Sat Oct 28 14:33:00 GMT 2006

Couple of comments:
1) Please find my post on cygwin-talk that was inappropriate for this list,
for "real-life" applications of cygwin and programming languages for
non-programmers
( this is far from being a tool confined to "academic" interests).
Even for non-programmers who don't want to learn regex's,
most tasks could be performed with a quick e-mail to a "programmer"
( many open sources would probably answer a question requiring a
one line answer but not write a whole text processing program )
2) I think everyone has spent some learning time cursing at sed-
" why did the [ insert term here ] did it do that?"
3) You could, for comparison, go get the java sdk which is also free
and comes with a compiler- I used to use java before getting realizing
scripting languages are much better a large class of tasks. The java
package is more self contained and better documented ( and java
is a "safer" language with more run-time diagnostics).

I have a lot of sympathy with the sentiment ( personally I find swearing at
code like cheering at a sporting event- quite enjoyable sometimes )
but I have been advocating cygwin ( or actually command line text processing
)
to a larger, less technical audience.  Perhaps if enough of these people
come to appreciate the power and COMPARATIVELY short learning
curve, resources ( time or money ) would become available to
produce new tools to make things nicer.

Personally, setup.exe annoys me but it does seem to make cygwin install
"one-stop shopping."

I didn't bother looking at the thread beyond this message but is this
a high school project? I learned programming in junior high, I'm curious
to see how things are evolving.
Thanks.

( note new address as of 10-06)
Mike Marchywka