Installing packages from cygwin Command Line

Thrall, Bryan bryan.thrall@flightsafety.com
Mon Oct 30 15:37:00 GMT 2006

Igor Peshansky wrote on Sunday, October 29, 2006 2:48 PM:
>> Note that --local-package-dir is a little broken; specifically, it
>> gets overridden by whatever the user selected last time they ran
>> setup.exe (at least, this was the case as of setup.exe version
>> 2.510.2.2). The problem has been fixed in CVS, but there doesn't
>> seem to have been a setup.exe release since then...
>
> <http://cygwin.com/setup/snapshots>.

True, and thanks for pointing that out. I guess my point was more that
the standard setup.exe linked from the front page of cygwin.com didn't
have the fixes yet; certainly there are ways of getting the fixed
version if you know what to look for!

--
Bryan Thrall
FlightSafety International