Newbie questions: missing packages / script writing

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Tue Oct 31 21:57:00 GMT 2006

cygwin@very.original.name.org wrote:

Leaving 'name' set to your e-mail address is an invitation to be
spammed, ala http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR, since those of
us whose mailers are configured correctly don't always bother to
obfuscate addresses that senders leave in 'name'.

> Brian Dessent wrote:
>> FYI, this question should have been sent to cygwin-xfree (at)
>> cygwin.com, not here.  All X11 topics belong there.
>
> Sorry, I'm at the stage where I don't know enough to know where to
> direct my questions. (I couldn't see a "beginner" mailing list
> anywhere.)

If you had read the list of available lists at
http://cygwin.com/lists.html, you would have found the correct list.

--
Matthew
This line intentionally left blank.