Windows popup/message box?

Sun Sep 3 18:14:00 GMT 2006

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU>

liora milbaum wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
>> On 31 August 2006 12:43, Liora Milbaum wrote:
>>
>>> I found a solution to my problem. As soon as I changed the crontab
>>> command to:
>>> * * * * * bash --login -c 'perl -e "use GD;"' >& /usr/tmp/test.log
>>>
>>> It worked.
>>
>>   Ah, your path wasn't set so it couldn't find the dll; I guess your
>> .bashrc
>> was adding the necessary directory?  You could probably also fix it by
>> adding
>> the relevant directory to the %PATH% setting in the windows system
>> environment
>> variables, because then it should be part of $PATH for any cygwin process
>> that
>> starts, regardless of whether you run a shell and use a startup script.
>>
 > I don't have a .bashrc file and I tried adding the path to the dll to the
 > PATH environment variable.
 > It didn't helped. The solution I listed bellow is currently the only one
 > that works for me.

Order and placement are important here.  You would need to make sure that
the DOS equivalent of '/usr/bin' was added to the path cron sees
before it is launched.  You could either specify this as a parameter to
the installation of the cron service service (see the help for 'cygrunsrv')
or add it to your system-wide path in the Windows GUI.

Holliston, MA 01746