Mount does not show Samba files

Arun Biyani abiyani@unix.telasic.com
Wed Sep 13 15:54:00 GMT 2006

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> Arun Biyani wrote:
>> mwoehlke wrote:

>>> You didn't answer this, and it may be relevant. (That, or you typo'd
>>> in your previous message :-).)
>>>
>> I have mapped mounted drives to "/" (mount -c /).
>>
>> [doc$:598] ls /y
>> ls: /y: No such file or directory
>> [doc$:599] ls /cygdrive/y
>> ls: /cygdrive/y: No such file or directory
>> [doc$:600]
>
> Then I'd say there's a pretty good chance you don't have access to this
> network share.  Does it require authentication?

I mount it using this command
net use y: \\\\goddard\\abiyani $PD /USER:abiyani

I can umount it. Go to "My Computer". When I click on this drive, I
cannot see the contents. Then
in Cygwin, I run the above command. Cygwin still won't let me see the
contents but Windows does.
Definitely looks like the mount command worked.