Mount does not show Samba files

Arun Biyani abiyani@unix.telasic.com
Wed Sep 13 18:27:00 GMT 2006

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> Arun Biyani wrote:
>> Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

>>> Then I'd say there's a pretty good chance you don't have access to this
>>> network share.  Does it require authentication?
>>>
>> I mount it using this command
>> net use y: \\\\goddard\\abiyani $PD /USER:abiyani
>>
>> I can umount it. Go to "My Computer". When I click on this drive, I
>> cannot see the contents. Then
>> in Cygwin, I run the above command. Cygwin still won't let me see the
>> contents but Windows does.
>> Definitely looks like the mount command worked.
>

> Right.  That looks good.  Hm, I'm not sure why you don't see anything.
> Is it any different if you do 'ls //goddard/abiyani' without the 'net
> use' (and Cygwin mount)?
>
> What does 'cacls y:' say?
>
> Reviewing your cygcheck output again, the only things I see "wrong" that
> you might try are:
>
>   1. Upgrade your installation or at least the cygwin package.
>
>   2. Remove "CYGWIN=nontsec" from your environment, stop all Cygwin
>      processes and then try starting bash again and do 'ls
> //goddard/abiyani'
>      again.  It's possible there is a permissions type problem that's
> being
>      incorrectly reported as a "No such..." error.  But I'm grasping a
> bit
>      here.

Thx, Larry. Transcript below. I & S are network drives also. I don't see
Y in the
df output but its there in "My Computer". My cygwin installation is
uptodate. Cygcheck
output attached. I have not defined CYGWIN=nontsec. Where is this
defined anyway?

Arun

[ram$:662] df
C:\win\cygwin\bin      75G   44G   32G  58% /usr/bin
C:\win\cygwin\lib      75G   44G   32G  58% /usr/lib
C:\win\cygwin          75G   44G   32G  58% /
c:                     75G   44G   32G  58% /c
i:                    592G  575G   18G  98% /i
s:                     38G  7.1G   31G  19% /s
[ram$:663] cacls i:
I:\ TELASIC\abiyani:(OI)(CI)F
    TELASIC\Domain Admins:(OI)(CI)F
[ram$:664] cacls s:
S:\ TELASIC\Domain Users:(OI)(CI)R
    Everyone:(OI)(CI)F
    BUILTIN\Administrators:(OI)(CI)F
    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(OI)(CI)F
    TELASIC\Scanner:F
    CREATOR OWNER:(OI)(CI)(IO)F
    BUILTIN\Users:(OI)(CI)R
    BUILTIN\Users:(CI)(special access:)
                      FILE_APPEND_DATA

    BUILTIN\Users:(CI)(special access:)
                      FILE_WRITE_DATA
[ram$:665] cacls y:
Y:\ <Account Domain not found>(special access:)
                              READ_CONTROL
                              SYNCHRONIZE
                              FILE_GENERIC_READ
                              FILE_GENERIC_WRITE
                              FILE_GENERIC_EXECUTE
                              FILE_READ_DATA
                              FILE_WRITE_DATA
                              FILE_APPEND_DATA
                              FILE_READ_EA
                              FILE_WRITE_EA
                              FILE_EXECUTE
                              FILE_READ_ATTRIBUTES
                              FILE_WRITE_ATTRIBUTES

    <Account Domain not found>R
    Everyone:R
    <Account Domain not found>(OI)(IO)(special access:)
                                      READ_CONTROL
                                      SYNCHRONIZE
                                      FILE_GENERIC_READ
                                      FILE_GENERIC_WRITE
                                      FILE_GENERIC_EXECUTE
                                      FILE_READ_DATA
                                      FILE_WRITE_DATA
                                      FILE_APPEND_DATA
                                      FILE_READ_EA
                                      FILE_WRITE_EA
                                      FILE_EXECUTE
                                      FILE_READ_ATTRIBUTES
                                      FILE_WRITE_ATTRIBUTES

    <Account Domain not found>(OI)(IO)(special access:)
                                      READ_CONTROL
                                      SYNCHRONIZE
                                      FILE_GENERIC_READ
                                      FILE_READ_DATA