Send command and parameters into cygwin.bat

Igor Peshansky pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Sun Sep 17 13:38:00 GMT 2006

Ugh, top-posting...  Reformatted.

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006, mocs wrote:

> Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> >
> > <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU>.  Reformatted.
> > mocs wrote:
> >>

> >  > Now I can start an application in cygwin with a single command:-)
> >  >
> >  > @echo off
> >  > C:
> >  > chdir C:\program\cygwin\bin
> >  > bash --login -i -c %xmds
> >  >
> >  >
> >  > But how should I write if I want to start the application with a
> >  > certain parameter or input file?
> >  >
> >  > What I would like to do is to run the following command "xmds -i
> >  > c:\path\ring.xmds".
> >
> > I see nothing wrong with the command you propose, with the exception
> > that I recommend POSIX paths if 'xmds' is a Cygwin app.
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't work.
>
> I thhink its because that xmds doesnt get the parameter or the input
> file sent from the command prompt in "dos-mode" in to the bas shell in
> cygwin. If I edit my .bat-file and write "xmds -parameter inputfile"
> then it works but I need to be able to change the inputfile without
> editing my .bat-file, and yes it doesnt work without " ".

If you are asking how to pass parameters from a batch file infocation to
an application called within that batch file, you're better off asking in
a Windows or batch programming forum.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/