MINGW GCC WIN64 port?

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Mon Sep 18 18:27:00 GMT 2006

William Deegan wrote:
> This may be a little off topic, but I beleive there's enough of an
> audience here to make it worthwhile.
>
> One of my clients is interested in getting MINGW working on win64.
> We're considering engaging codesourcery to do the work.
> Anyone out there interested/able to co-funding the work?

For the record, I know I saw something somewhere within the last month
or two about binutils adding support for win64, which is a major part of
this project. If you aren't the person that made the announcement I am
thinking of, you might want to be careful about not duplicating work
that someone else is already doing. (I'd have to think that whoever is
working on it already would appreciate help, however.)

Personally, I don't think it's off-topic; 64-bit Cygwin (which is
primarily a matter of adding win64 support to binutils, gcc and gdb, at
least as far as those being the biggest hurdles) is a topic that's
bounced around before, and as you say, I think a number of people here
would be interested in news of the progress of such a project.

--
Matthew
KATE: Awesome Text Editor