MINGW GCC WIN64 port?

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Mon Sep 18 22:54:00 GMT 2006

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 01:26:31PM -0500, mwoehlke wrote:
>> William Deegan wrote:
>>> This may be a little off topic, but I beleive there's enough of an
>>> audience here to make it worthwhile.
>>>
>>> One of my clients is interested in getting MINGW working on win64.
>>> We're considering engaging codesourcery to do the work.
>>> Anyone out there interested/able to co-funding the work?
>> For the record, I know I saw something somewhere within the last month
>> or two about binutils adding support for win64, which is a major part of
>> this project. If you aren't the person that made the announcement I am
>> thinking of, you might want to be careful about not duplicating work
>> that someone else is already doing. (I'd have to think that whoever is
>> working on it already would appreciate help, however.)
>
> The patch has been submitted so I think the only help required is to
> test it.
>
> The discussion is going on in the binutils_AT_sourceware_PERIOD_org mailing
> list.

I was also thinking of gcc/gdb (and of course ironing out bugs in the
various ports, i.e. Cygwin, mingw, Interix); my impression was that what
was "done" (at least when I heard) was just binutils and gcc/gdb would
be the next steps. Maybe I'm wrong?

Anyway, we are certainly in agreement that Bill's main effort should be
to test/improve what is already done rather than re-invent the wheel.

Thanks for the link (and for reminding me where I saw this). :-)

--
Matthew
KATE: Awesome Text Editor