Install hangs

Eric Mader emader@bigfoot.com
Tue Sep 26 19:30:00 GMT 2006

Dave Korn wrote:
> On 26 September 2006 18:25, Eric Mader wrote:
>
>> Dave Korn wrote:
>
>> One other thing: I was updating a previous Cygwin installation. From a
>> quick spot-check it seems that the installer didn't update anything: for
>> example gcc still says it's version 3.3.3-1 even though the installer
>> reports that the most recent version is 3.4.4-1. I also noticed that
>> setup.log is dated 6/21/2004 and has no entries in it newer than that date.
>>
>> All of this leads me to suspect that the installer didn't update anything...
>

>   You could just be right there.  From your cygcheck:
>
> c:  hd  NTFS     53348Mb  99% CP CS UN PA FC     IBM_PRELOAD
>
>   Looks like your C drive is full!
>

>     cheers,
>       DaveK

I had about 750MB free on c:. I just did a bunch of archiving and
deleting and now there is 6.29GB free. The install still hangs at
exactly the same place. As far as I can tell, it tries to run the
preremove script *before* it does any installing - the only other thing
it seems to do is check the MD5s on the packages...

Regards,
Eric