Bash problem - v3.1.17(8) - syntax error

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Tue Sep 26 20:57:00 GMT 2006

Arun Biyani wrote:
> I just upgraded to the current bash. Now I am getting an error. I
> reinstalled, rebooted
> the machine. Still get the same error. The variable $HOME is set correctly.
>
>  > bash: /c/home/abiyani/.bash_login: line 7: syntax error: unexpected
> end of file
>  >
>  > abiyani@IT90-1070 ~
>  > $ bash --version
>  > GNU bash, version 3.1.17(8)-release (i686-pc-cygwin)
>  > Copyright (C) 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>  >
>  > abiyani@IT90-1070 ~
>  > $ cat ~/.bashrc
>  > #
>  > if [ -f $HOME/wrk/sys/com/bash_more ]
>  > then
>  >     . $HOME/wrk/sys/com/bash_more
>  > fi
>  > #
>  >
>  >
>  > abiyani@IT90-1070 ~

Just for the record, the release announcement did mention:
"A script on a binary mount that uses \r\n line endings will probably
encounter syntax errors or odd variable assignments, because the \r is
treated literally.  If this happens to you, use d2u to fix the line
endings, or change your script to live in a text mount point.  A script
that resides on a text mount can have either line ending (even
inconsistently mixed), but be aware that text mount points are slower,
due to \r\n filtering."

--
Matthew
Download. Untar. Configure. Make. Install. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.