Problems with archiver "ar"

Frank Illenseer franki2006@hotmail.com
Wed Sep 27 17:35:00 GMT 2006

Sorry - for not providing all infos...

I did some additional tests: When mounting my drives in "binmode" the error
is gone and when mounting them in "textmode" the error is there.

But due to the newest bash update, I rather need "textmode" to re-use my
existing scripts without conversion, as the come from a revision control
system which always generates the EOLs according to the underlying system.

What I am doing is basically to compile "f2c" into a library...

Additional information for my cygwin installation is attached.

Do you have any further questions or do you require any further information?