Install hangs

Eric Mader emader@bigfoot.com
Wed Sep 27 17:47:00 GMT 2006

Eric Mader wrote:
>> I was able to get setup.exe unstuck by cd'ing to /etc/preremove,
>> running automake-devel.sh and then deleting it. I had to do this with
>> about three other scripts in this directory before setup.exe would
>> move on to the next phase. It's now happily installing all the
>> selected packages.
>>
>> I'm not sure what was going on with the offending scripts...
>>
>> Regards,
>> Eric
>
> It seems I spoke too soon, now it setup.exe hangs on the
> /etc/postinstall/00ash.sh script. The installation seems incomplete. For
> example, the "ls" command doesn't work.
>
> So it seems that whatever was going on with the preinstall scripts is
> also happening w/ th postinstall scripts, but now I don't have a
> functioning environment in which to run them by hand :-(

I found a bunch of stalled processes running "ash", "bash" and "sh". I
killed them all and rebooted for good measure. :-) When I ran setup.exe
again, it gets as far as running /etc/postinstall/gnugo.sh and then
stalls. The environment seems to be more-or-less working. I've enclosed
the output of cygcheck -c , cygcheck -s and /var/log/setup.log.full.

Am I good to go at this point, or is there still something that's a
little off?

Regards,
Eric