tcgetattr problem

ahnkle ahnkle@ekers.idps.co.uk
Thu Sep 28 08:31:00 GMT 2006

On 22:38 Wed 27 Sep     , Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 10:13:36PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >The name of the function is "ioctl", not "ioctl".
>                                            "_ioctl".

I said "_ioctl" because in cygwin source, at src/newlib/libc/sys/sysvi386/tcgetattr.c
the call is to that function. Searching didn't locate any [_]ioctl() function, hence
my asking.

My point in mentioning that com1 works is that it could be confusing that "com1" works
with open(), but the handle obtained doesn't work with tcgetattr(), whereas "/dev/ttyS0"
works with both.

regards,
ahnkle