reading directory .: No such file or directory

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Thu Sep 28 16:35:00 GMT 2006

Lee Maschmeyer wrote:
> I've never had ls say it can't read ., but I do remember having path
> completion problems. I think that's why I use symbolic links instead of
> mount for drives; something like:
>
> cd /
> ln -s /cygdrive/c
>
> etc. Then I just cd /c and seldom have to use /cygdrive at all. I'm sure
> somebody will explain why this is a bad idea, which is one reason I'm
> responding here. But it does seem to muddle through...

First reason it's a bad (or at least, dumb) idea:
'mount -c /'
:-)

As for the OP's problem, I think I saw someone else mention the exact
same problem recently. Try searching the archives.

--
Matthew
Download. Untar. Configure. Make. Install. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.