bash improperly sets PATH containing period

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Tue Apr 3 16:23:00 GMT 2007

On 03 April 2007 17:18, Pavel Kudrna wrote:

> (Such dos path containing period is legal and is used in Novell Client
> as search drives.)

  However it is impossible to reproduce precisely in cygwin, as there is no
concept of a current directory per-drive, only one for the entire system.

> Pavel Kudrna
>
> C:\temp> path c:\temp;c:.;s:\public
>
> C:\temp> path
> PATH=c:\temp;c:.;s:\public
>
> C:\temp> "C:\Program Files\cygwin\bin\bash.exe" --login -i
>
> kudrna@k15 ~
> $ echo $PATH

/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/cygdrive/c/temp:c:.:/cygdrive/s/p
ublic:/usr/local/cint

  But I agree this is wrong, the path-conversion code should either just use a
plain '.' as a path component or discard the entire item altogether, it
certainly shouldn't end up treating 'c' as one path component and '.' as a
separate one.

    cheers,
      DaveK