[Packaging error] Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mingw-runtime-3.12-1

Chris Sutcliffe ir0nh34d@gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 13:57:00 GMT 2007

> >I thought it was decided to keep the MinGW Runtime man pages separate
> >from the Cygwin man pages?
>
> Yes, it was, but I don't remember concluding that putting them in
> /usr/man was the solution.  Please either don't install them at all or
> put them in a mingw-specific location.

Sorry, I must have come to the wrong conclusion.  I had thought that
since Cygwin by default installs man pages to /usr/share/man
installing the MinGW specific man pages in /usr/man as long as they
were prefixed with 'mingw-' was OK.  This allows users to do a 'man
mingw-dirname' without having to modify their MANPATH.

If it's desired that they not be included, I'll produce an updated
release with them removed.

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe