perl problem with cygwin path

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad@users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 5 20:07:00 GMT 2007

Mike R Brown wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Mike R Brown wrote:
>>> Everything I have checked points to just one Perl installation.  So
>>> maybe the question here is where did this version come from?
>>
>> That is indeed a good question, since the latest available 'perl' from
>> kernel.org is 5.8.7-5. The full output of 'perly -v' (that's the
>> questionable perl) may tell you something.
>
> ----------------------
> This is perl, v5.8.7 built for cygwin-thread-multi-64int
> ---------------------
> This is perl, v5.8.8 built for cygwin-thread-multi-64int
> [snip]
> Looking closer I see there is a perl -V test that shows much more
> information. I didn't check that out.

Sorry, I actually meant -V (that's capital, not little... I always use
big-V and so didn't realize there even was a little-v that is different
from big-V), although it's interesting that the "funky" one does indeed
claim to be "built for cygwin...". When you are able to check the -V
output, it would be interesting to compare what machine each was built
on. If they are different that likely indicates either a change of
packager or a rogue package. At the least it would mean that the build
environment has changed, which may be part of the problem.

--
Matthew
<insert bad pun... on second thought, better not>