[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: man-1.6e-1
Dr. Volker Zell
Fri Apr 6 16:07:00 GMT 2007
A new version of 'man' has been uploaded to a server near you.
Man, apropos and whatis.
- Switched to latest upstream version
- Added mingw manual section
(see also: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2007-04/msg00023.html and related thread)
- Sections used by makewhatis set via environment variable MANSECT, falling
back to man.conf's MANSECT setting as man does (Mike Frysinger).
- Removed use of implicit prototypes - besides being sloppy, it leads to issues
on 64 bit platforms (Mike frysinger, flc).
- Building will now honor pre-existing LDFLAGS if set (Mike Frysinger).
- Updated Italian man pages (Giulio DaprelÃ¡).
- Updated Spanish man pages (B. AlbiÃ±ana, flc).
- Corrected a minor bug in makewhatis' tempdir generation (flc).
- EXPERIMENTAL: support for Plan 9 rc shell lists (Michael Haardt).
- Overdue LSM v4 format compliance (flc).
- Minor corrections and cleanup (flc).
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Save it and run setup, answer the questions and pick up
the above mentioned package from the 'Doc' category.
Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't
allowed due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need
to find a mirror which has this update, please choose the one nearest to
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing
list is the appropriate place.
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO:
To unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send
email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
More information about the Cygwin