Cygwin Installation Problems on Windows Vista

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Sun Apr 8 02:23:00 GMT 2007

On 08 April 2007 03:01, Kevin Hilton wrote:

> Here are the two files I found broken on the installation:
> gnuplot.sh
> postinstall-ec-fonts-mftraced.sh

  How did you verify whether they are actually broken, or were just taking so
long to run that you thought they were stuck?

> And just for kicks
> How do I manually change the passwd and group files.  Although under
> windows Im listed as an administrator, cygwin states my group as none.
>   And Im unable to chmod chgroup these two files.  Never had this
> problem with XP.

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#mkpasswd
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#mkgroup

  Also http://cygwin.com/problems.html