bash: tar: command not found

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Thu Apr 12 17:19:00 GMT 2007

On 12 April 2007 18:05, Cheney, Christian wrote:

> OK, let's start over.  I used the uninstall procedures on the website to
> completely uninstall the software.  I removed all previously downloaded
> files, including setup.exe.  I downloaded and ran setup.exe, chose a
> different mirror (ftp.cise.ufl.edu), and downloaded and installed fresh.
> I am still getting "bash: tar: command not found" in the shell, and
> tar.exe is nowhere to be found under C:\cygwin.  How should I proceed?

  Are you by any chance running any of:

Sonic Solutions burning software containing DLA component

Norton/MacAffee/Symantec antivirus or antispyware

Logitech webcam software with "Logitech process monitor" service

Kerio, Agnitum or ZoneAlarm Personal Firewall

Iolo System Mechanic/AntiVirus/Firewall

LanDesk

Windows Defender

Embassy Trust Suite fingerprint reader software wxvault.dll

    cheers,
      DaveK