bash: tar: command not found

Igor Peshansky pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Thu Apr 12 17:46:00 GMT 2007

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007, Cheney, Christian wrote:

> >>  Are you by any chance running any of:
> >>Sonic Solutions burning software containing DLA component
> >>Norton/MacAffee/Symantec antivirus or antispyware
> >>Logitech webcam software with "Logitech process monitor" service
> >>Kerio, Agnitum or ZoneAlarm Personal Firewall
> >>Iolo System Mechanic/AntiVirus/Firewall
> >>LanDesk
> >>Windows Defender
> >>Embassy Trust Suite fingerprint reader software wxvault.dll
>
> By gum, I think you've got it.  I disabled my McAfee VirusScan software,
> and a re-install of tar was successful.  Thanks again to all who helped.

This brings two things to mind:

1) Is anyone planning to work on getting some support for detecting the
above into setup/cygcheck.

2) Does that mean that the current code in setup that is supposed to
disable McAfee antivirus does not do its job?  Christian, can you please
post setup.log.full for a reinstallation of the tar package with McAfee
enabled?
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

Freedom is just another word for "nothing left to lose"...  -- Janis Joplin