Need to use Exim as a mail relay

Tek Bahadur Limbu teklimbu@wlink.com.np
Fri Apr 13 10:01:00 GMT 2007

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:08:09 +0100
Roelf Renkema <cabal@sapo.pt> wrote:

> Tek Bahadur Limbu wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I am very new to Cygwin. In fact, I have just installed both Cygwin and Exim today.
> >
> > I wanted to know if there is a way to use my server running Cygwin and Exim and use it as a mail relay to one of my primary mail servers.
> >
> > My server running Cygwin does not have a MX record.
> >
> > Any suggestions will be appreciated.
> >
> That's no problem at all. I'm doing just that. If you need it to be
> found by other servers, you could get a dynamic dns domain at f.i.
> dyndns.org. But to use it as a primary server I suggest you get a fixed
> IP. And probably a little homework on relaying might also be wise. If
> you have set things up please check your setup with:
>
> http://www.abuse.net/relay.html

Hi Roelf,

Thanks for your reply.

I am running the Cygwin Server on a static public IP. Also, my primary SMTP server has also a public and static IP with a world reachable MX record.

My problem is with the below router configuration which works in Exim running under FreeBSD or Linux:

send_to_gateway:
     driver = manualroute
     transport = remote_smtp
     route_list = * primary.mx.smtp.server

The above router works in FreeBSD/Linux but the same configuration does not work in Win2K/Cygwin.

I get the error:

router send_to_gateway: cannot find router driver "manaulroute".

Can you shed some light on this?

> - --

> --

- --