Downloading a full install package from a mirror

Paul.Durack@csiro.au Paul.Durack@csiro.au
Mon Apr 16 01:37:00 GMT 2007

Thanks for the response Larry,

The reason I raised the question, was a complete download undertaken in
early August last year (1.5.21-1) from the cygwin.elite-systems.org
mirror yielded a download of 745MB (842 files in 737 folders).

The latest download from both the aarnet.edu.au and cygwin.basemirror.de
(1.5.24-2) yielded a download of 507MB (609 files in 621 folders)

I've had trouble installing the full cygwin package from numerous
mirrors previously, and have often resorted to downloading full
installations from alternate mirrors to figure out which set is
complete.. However I am new to the mailing lists.. So would appreciate
any tipoffs as to where I'd find information that can explain the
changes (and reductions) in the file numbers between 1.5.21-1 and
1.5.24-2 and reduce the number of problems I'm tripping myself over on..

Many thanks,

Paul