bash error

Carlo Florendo subscribermail@gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 08:43:00 GMT 2007

srikanth4403 wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i am trying to take backup of oracle tables by using exp command but when i
> am entering the command it is giving a error as below
> bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
>
> So kindly someone tell me how to rectify this and proceed for the normal
> export.

Yes.  Please use the "automatic_backup" command, passing the table names as
arguments, without parentheses, of course.

If that does not work, you may have to call oracle for tech support.

Thanks!

--
Carlo Florendo
Softare Engineer/Network Co-Administrator

--
The Astra Group of Companies
5-3-11 Sekido, Tama City