crontab not sending output to me?

Kevin Markle kmarkle@pbs.org
Mon Apr 16 20:03:00 GMT 2007

Pierre A. Humblet wrote on 4/13/2007 :
> [...]

Hello,

I use a Windows email program to send email from the script I have
written. When I run the script from a shell prompt it runs fine and
sends email to be but when I run it from cron I get a email but text in
the body.

I setup this as you had suggested earlier:
It's working because we know it's trying to mail you something.
To find out what, remove MAILTO="" and install a poor man's mailer as
follows.
It will write the mail output to /cronmail.txt

Pierre

~: cd /
/: cat > cronmail.sh
cat > /cronmail.txt