.exe magic

Thu Apr 19 02:41:00 GMT 2007

[This is a copy of a message already sent to the libtool and
libtool-patches lists.  sourceware was being very picky about the
updated [Was: ...] subject line and bounced it, twice.  So, I'm
resending it under the original subject line.  For fear of offending the
filters again, I'm not even typing the "bad" subject line here, but you
can look at http://www.mail-archive.com/libtool@gnu.org/msg09451.html if
you are curious]

[Added libtool-patches to CC list. Discussion of this patch
should probably drop libtool and cygwin]

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
 > * Charles Wilson wrote on Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 08:49:31PM CEST:
 >> Caveat: over a year after the message referenced above, but
 >> libtool2.0 is STILL in code-slush, so the desired fixes will have to
 >> wait until after 2.0
 >
 > ... I'd prefer to see such a patch before deciding when it's good to
 > put it in.

Okay, here's the first bit. It's pretty simple. Testing is in progress
(and in conjuction with the new argz fix I just posted to
libtool-patches), but looks good so far: the "new" wrapper scripts are
identical to "old" ones generated without this patch.

--
Chuck

ChangeLog

2007-04-18  Charles Wilson  <libtool@...>

     * libltdl/config/ltmain.m4sh [func_mode_link]: move wrapper
     script writing from here...
     [func_emit_libtool_wrapper_script]: to this new function, and
     write to stdout
     [func_mode_link]: move cwrapper source code writing from here...
     [func_emit_libtool_cwrapperexe_source]: to this new function,
     and write to stdout
     [func_mode_link]: call the two new functions and redirect to
     appropriate file.