Get my email address out of your archives, it's your fault

Fri Apr 20 17:15:00 GMT 2007

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 06:13:03AM -0700, ideo gram wrote:
>I find it very irritating that my email address, which is in the
>header and not the body, is displayed for the spammers in your
>archives.  This is an email from 1999, before this was common
>practice, and it's /in the header/ where I couldn't do anything about
>it anyway.
>
>This is clearly a general problem for all archives of that era and
>I'll be damned if I'm going to pay you to get rid of it.  Write a
>fucking script and format the old archives to the standard of the new
>ones.

Please refrain from using this type of language.

FYI, the cygwin mailing list does not deal with complaints about
sourceware.org infrastructure issues.  If you feel the need to complain
about this then send email to the overseers mailing list at
sourceware.org.  You are going to need to be specific, about what you
are griping about, however, if you don't want to come across as
something other than a complainer.

For instance, you are asking to have your email address removed while
sending from an email address which could not possibly have existed in
the 1999 time period.  So, even if I was inclined to help you, I have no
way of figuring out what you are talking about.

And, pragmatically speaking, some politeness would probably help if you
are suggesting that someone should do something and want your suggestion
to be viewed in a light that would be conducive to having someone help
you.

cgf